4-H Teen Leader / Youth Educator Applications Available
Wake County 4-H is looking for teen leader youth educators (TLYE) to be a part of the 4-H TLYE team. Candidates must be willing to commit to all required meetings, trainings, programs and events. Candidates must reside in SE Raleigh and be able to attend all trainings, which include at least two meetings before June 2018, attending 4-H Youth Development’s one-week sleep away camp as a Leader In Training (LIT) in June for a hands on experience that will get the TLYE’s warmed up for Crosby Discovery Summer Camp, attend the Crosby camp and curriculum training, complete lesson teach-backs to 4-H staff and work both weeks of Crosby Discovery Summer Camp.
• Current High School Student (9th-12th Grade)
• Must reside in Southeast Raleigh
• Must have reliable transportation
• Participate in program consistently during afterschool, evening and summer hours
• Attend specified meetings, trainings, programs and events
Duties & Responsibilites:
• Attend a week-long sleep away camp at the 4-H Betsy Jeff Penn Education Center
• Attend necessary scheduled meetings
• Attend camp curriculum week long training
• Attend teach-back sessions to 4-H staff
• Study, prepare for and facilitate STEM youth lessons to campers while being supervised
• Be sensitive to various socioeconomic settings, cultures, and individual backgrounds
• Assist in day-to-day camp activities, meals, drop-off and pick-up
What’s in it for you??
• Enhance college applications
• Skill-building and free leadership training
• Establishing community service hours
• Great for your resumé and future job opportunities
• Great for scholarship and award applications
• Being a positive role model for other youth
• Improve your public speaking and group leadership skills
If interested please complete an application and return it to Wake County 4-H will The application requires one reference from a non-family member.
Application deadline is Friday, March 23, 2018.
For More Information Contact Daniel Bulatek at 919-250-4534 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for Camp Crosby