The Entrepreneurship of Self
‘The Entrepreneurship of Self’ is a 10-week human capital development program that teaches entrepreneurship as an essential life skill – equipping individuals ages 18 and up for financial, personal, & professional success. It is an experiential, problem-based learning program designed to inspire, inform, and involve participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset and the unlimited opportunities it can provide. Designed for rigor and relevance, the program provides a comprehensive framework for understanding and implementing an entrepreneurial mindset, regardless of one’s chosen path. The deadline to apply is Monday, August 10, 2020. Apply online
Virtual Information Sessions
- August 3, 7–8 p.m.
- August 5, 7–8 p.m.
- August 7, noon–1 p.m.
Program Schedule & Topics
The Entrepreneurship of Self will be held September 14 through November 9, 2020, meeting one time per week on Monday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. At this point in time, the expectation is that all sessions will be held virtually using Zoom video conference technology.
- September 14: Welcome & Orientation
- September 21: The Power to Choose
- September 28: Recognizing Opportunities
- October 5: Ideas Into Action
- October 12: Pursuit of Knowledge
- October 19: Creating Wealth
- October 26: Building Your Brand
- November 2: Creating Community
- November 9: The Power of Persistence
- November 16: Graduation Celebration
What Participants Will Gain Through the Program
Individuals who complete the program can expect a number of benefits, including:
- Build your resume by solving real-world community and business challenges;
- Develop your entrepreneurial mindset;
- Meet and learn from local business owners and community leaders, and other community members;
- Pitch your own business idea or solution to a community problem with the chance to win seed funding to jumpstart your idea; and
- Receive a certificate of completion following the program.
- Must be able to attend and actively engage in all sessions for the full duration of the program.
- Priority consideration will be given to individuals living in Southeast Raleigh (zip codes 27601, 27603, 27610), with consideration also given to applicants in SEV’s eastern Wake County zone (zip codes 27591, 27545, 27597). Individuals residing in other areas of Raleigh/Wake County are welcome to apply but will receive lower priority in the review process.
Thanks to generous financial and in-kind support from the City of Raleigh, Wake County, and community partners, this program is being offered at no cost to individuals.
Access to Technology
Because this program will likely be held online, all participants will need to have consistent access to a computer and a stable internet connection. However, resources may be available to provide a laptop and wifi to those without access. Please indicate this need in your application. Access to technology does not impact the selection process.
Apply for the Adult EEASI Challenge. The deadline to apply is Monday, August 10.
Support for the EEASI Challenge
The EEASI Challenge is made possible thanks to generous funding provided by the City of Raleigh Impact Partner Grant and additional funding from Wake County. Program partners include: Carolina Small Business Development Fund, City of Raleigh Housing & Neighborhoods Department, Crosby Advocacy Group, District C, North Carolina State University Center for Family & Community Engagement, Southeast Raleigh Community Engagement, R.B. Moore Solutions LLC, Triangle Entrepreneurial Leadership, and Wake Technical Community College
Questions can be directed to Dynasty Winters at email@example.com or 919-397-8059.