The weather forecasters are saying more rain is coming next week…and I don’t know about you but sometimes on …
Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteers
Since 1979, North Carolina Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteers (EMGVs) have been leaders in this internationally acclaimed program, guiding homeowners in making environmentally sound decisions in their landscapes. Trained by North Carolina State University faculty and staff, EMGVs provide research-based information about gardening and environmental stewardship to individuals and communities across the state. EMGVs engage the community through education and outreach on a wide variety of subjects and through a broad spectrum of projects, all designed to maximize their impact.
Extension Master Gardener Volunteers are working remotely during our renovations and the Covid-19 virus. Soil Sample kits are still located in the Ag Services and are available in boxes outside the front door. Reach out for assistance with all your home gardening questions, via email or phone! Office hours are normally Monday-Friday, 9-12 and 1-4, but messages will be checked and responded to as soon as possible. Telephone is 919-250-1084 and email is email@example.com
Check out these new Master Gardener volunteer videos filmed with the Town of Wake Forest!
All about Soil Testing https://www.wakeforestnc.gov/
Container Gardening https://www.wakeforestnc.gov/
Information on the NC Extension Master Gardener program
- Information on becoming an Extension Master Gardener Volunteer! Our September 2020 training has been delayed until September 2021 due to unknowns around the Covid-19 (deadline for application for our September 2021 class is now April 15, 2021) Information about the Master Gardener program Master Gardener volunteer program
- Wake County Extension Master Gardener Volunteer application 2021 current mgv_application
Recommended resources for your home lawn and garden from Wake County Extension Master Gardener Volunteers!
- Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/wakemg
- Quarterly online gardening newsletter! https://extensiongardener.ces.ncsu.edu/extgardener-our-latest-issue/
- Extension Gardener Handbook (comprehensive gardening book!) https://content.ces.ncsu.edu/extension-gardener-handbook
Current gardening classes and opportunities
- SPRING VEGETABLE GARDENING CLASS FOR 2021! Online class offered by Extension Master Gardener volunteers Wake County on March 6, from 2-4 p.m. Go to the Wake County Libraries website to register!
Map of community gardens, farmers markets, and food pantries in Wake County Click here for Map
Popular gardening information links
- Vegetable gardening pamphlet Home Vegetable Gardening
- Vegetable gardening handbook Ready-Garden-Grow Book
- Weed management guide for home lawns Residential Weed Mgmt Carlson Rev. 2017
- Miscellaneous and popular gardening resources URLs for QR codes
- QR codes for gardening resources QR Codes 2020
- Backyard Rain Gardens
- Moles and Voles Wake Co 2017
- Fire Ant Control short version
The ForestHer NC Workshop Series went virtual for its four-part series on Managing for Wildlife in the fall of …
As if Asian giant hornets weren’t enough, this year also saw media attention on a lesser-known, but bizarre, group …
The NC State University Plant Disease and Insect Clinic (PDIC) is excited to announce that we are now accepting …
The NC State Plant Disease and Insect Clinic is once again accepting physical samples for disease diagnosis from states …