Calico scale, Eulecanium cerasorum, was accidentally introduced to California from Asia in the 1920s. It has now become established …
Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteers
Since 1979, North Carolina Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteers (EMGVs) have been leaders in this internationally acclaimed program, guiding homeowners in making environmentally sound decisions in their landscapes. Trained by North Carolina State University faculty and staff, EMGVs provide research-based information about gardening and environmental stewardship to individuals and communities across the state. EMGVs engage the community through education and outreach on a wide variety of subjects and through a broad spectrum of projects, all designed to maximize their impact.
Extension Master Gardener Volunteers are working remotely during our renovations and the Covid-19 virus. Soil Sample kits are still located in the Ag Services and are available in boxes outside the front door. Reach out for assistance with all your home gardening questions, via email or phone! Office hours are normally Monday-Friday, 9-12 and 1-4, but messages will be checked and responded to as soon as possible. Telephone is 919-250-1084 and email is email@example.com
Check out these new Master Gardener volunteer videos filmed with the Town of Wake Forest!
All about Soil Testing https://www.wakeforestnc.gov/
Container Gardening https://www.wakeforestnc.gov/
Information on the NC Extension Master Gardener program
- Information on becoming an Extension Master Gardener Volunteer! Our September 2021 training has been delayed until January 2022 due to unknowns around the Covid-19 (deadline for application for our January 2022 class is now August 15, 2021) Information on Becoming a Master Gardener
- Wake County Extension Master Gardener Volunteer application 2022 current mgv_application
Recommended resources for your home lawn and garden from Wake County Extension Master Gardener Volunteers!
- Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/wakemg
- Quarterly online gardening newsletter! https://extensiongardener.ces.ncsu.edu/extgardener-our-latest-issue/
- Extension Gardener Handbook (comprehensive gardening book!) https://content.ces.ncsu.edu/extension-gardener-handbook
Current gardening classes and opportunities
- SPRING VEGETABLE GARDENING CLASS FOR 2021! Online class offered by Extension Master Gardener volunteers Wake County on March 6, from 2-4 p.m. Go to the Wake County Libraries website to register!
- MANAGING COMMON VEGETABLE GARDEN PROBLEMS. May 8, 2021 from 2-3:30. Go to wakegov.com/libraries to register!
Map of community gardens, farmers markets, and food pantries in Wake County Click here for Map
Popular gardening information links
- Vegetable gardening pamphlet Home Vegetable Gardening
- Vegetable gardening handbook Ready-Garden-Grow Book
- Weed management guide for home lawns Residential Weed Mgmt Carlson Rev. 2017
- Miscellaneous and popular gardening resources URLs for QR codes
- QR codes for gardening resources QR Codes 2020
- Backyard Rain Gardens
- Moles and Voles Wake Co 2017
- Fire Ant Control short version
During the height of the pandemic, many more families experienced food insecurity. As a result, the community gardens tended …
National Volunteer Week is the perfect time to celebrate the important work volunteers do in our communities. Across …
NC State Extension Master Gardener℠ volunteers: CONNECT PEOPLE TO PLANTS TEACH GARDENING BEST PRACTICES TO MEMBERS OF THEIR COMMUNITY SHARE THE LATEST …
Springtime for beekeepers is synonymous with starting new colonies, especially since winter losses have been hovering ~25% every year …