Last week was a blur amid all the news about coronavirus and its impacts on our communities, both locally …
Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteers
Since 1979, North Carolina Extension Master Gardener℠ Volunteers (EMGVs) have been leaders in this internationally acclaimed program, guiding homeowners in making environmentally sound decisions in their landscapes. Trained by North Carolina State University faculty and staff, EMGVs provide research-based information about gardening and environmental stewardship to individuals and communities across the state. EMGVs engage the community through education and outreach on a wide variety of subjects and through a broad spectrum of projects, all designed to maximize their impact.
Extension Master Gardener Volunteers and Soil Samples are still located in the Ag Services building during renovations. Reach out for assistance with all your home gardening questions, via email, phone or an office visit! Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9-12 and 1-4. Telephone is 919-250-1084 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on the NC Extension Master Gardener program
- Information on becoming an Extension Master Gardener Volunteer! (deadline for 2020 class is April 15, 2020) Information about the Master Gardener Training
- Wake County Extension Master Gardener Volunteer application Application Master Gardener Wake 2020 2020 Master Gardener application
Recommended resources for your home lawn and garden from Wake County Extension Master Gardener Volunteers!
- Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/wakemg
- Quarterly online gardening newsetter! https://extensiongardener.ces.ncsu.edu/extgardener-our-latest-issue/
- Extension Gardener Handbook (comprehensive gardening book!) https://content.ces.ncsu.edu/extension-gardener-handbook
Current gardening classes and opportunities
- VEGETABLE GARDENING CLASSES FOR 2020! Vegetable Gardening classes for 2020 listed by library and date.
Popular gardening information links
- Vegetable gardening pamphlet Home Vegetable Gardening
- Vegetable gardening handbook Ready-Garden-Grow Book
- Weed management guide for home lawns Residential Weed Mgmt Carlson Rev. 2017
- Miscellaneous and useful gardening sites wakemggardeninglinks
- QR codes for gardening resources! 2019_QR_codes_for_references
- Moles and Voles Wake Co 2017
- Fire Ant Control short version
The Chatham County Spring Ag Fest that was scheduled for March 28, 2020, at the Chatham County Agriculture & …
The North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center will offer a Blackberry & Blueberry Production Workshop as part of its …
1:45 p.m. Friday, Jan 31 to 4:00 p.m., Saturday, Feb 1, 2020 The North Carolina Botanical Garden, 100 Old Mason Farm …