Wake County COVID-19 Food Resources
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Food Distribution Sites Open March 17, 2020
With the announcement of school closures from March 16 through at least March 27, we want to inform you of food access options throughout Wake County during these unprecedented times.
A number of schools and community centers will serve as food distribution sites for Wake County families beginning Tuesday, March 17.
- Families may pick up food at the locations and times indicated below.
- Food will be distributed by volunteers at curbside to minimize safety concerns.
- The food will be placed in safe and sanitized food containers.
- ID is not required to pick up food.
Currently, the following sites will be offering lunch and breakfast for pickup for students aged 18 and under – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m, Monday through Friday:
- Poe Magnet Elementary School, 400 Peyton St., Raleigh
- Rogers Lane Elementary School, 201 N. Rogers Lane, Raleigh
- Creech Road Elementary School, 450 Creech Road, Garner
- Wendell Middle School, 3409 NC Hwy. 97, Wendell
- Zebulon Magnet Elementary School, 700 Proctor St., Zebulon
- Millbrook Magnet Elementary School, 1520 E. Millbrook Dr., Raleigh
- Briarcliff Elementary School, 1220 Pond St., Cary
- Pine Acres Community Center, 402 McLean St., Fuquay-Varina
- PAVE SE Raleigh Charter School, 3420 Idlewood Village Dr., Raleigh
- Wake County Human Services Northern Regional Center, 350 Holding Ave., Wake Forest
- Washington Terrace Apartments, 1951 Booker Dr., Raleigh
- Raleigh Millbank Apartments, 1500 N. Raleigh Blvd., Raleigh
- The Oaks Apartments, 3911 Water Oak Dr., Raleigh
- New Hope Village Apartments, 4321 Grandiflora Lane, Raleigh
- Casa De Luna Apartments, 3918 Bonneville Court, Raleigh
- Juniper Level Baptist Church, 9104 Sauls Road, Raleigh
Western Region confirmed Community Sites will have lunch or dinner for pickup available to any students aged 18 and under. Please see below for specific meal times and locations:
- First United Methodist, 117 S. Academy St., Cary, Mon.-Fri., 12:15 to 1:15 p.m.
- Chatham Forest Apartments, 880 Glendale Dr., Cary, Tues. and Thurs., 6:30 to 7:30 p .m.
- Apex First Baptist, 419 S. Salem St., Apex, Mon. and Wed., 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Arbors at Cary Apartments, 200 Wrenn Dr., Cary, Mon.- Thurs., 6 to 7 p.m.
- Crosstimber Apartments 900 Golden Horseshoe Cir, Morrisville, NC 27560 – Mon.-Fri. Noon to 1 p.m.
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Mobile Market Locations and Times is available to all community members:
- Abundant Life Cathedral, 4400 Old Poole Road, Raleigh, Fourth Saturdays (beginning 3/28/20)., 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Bread for Life Mobile Market at Zebulon Boys & Girls Club, 1320 Shepard School Road, Zebulon, Third Saturdays (beginning 3/21/20) 10 to 11 a.m.
- Community Helpers Service Center, 111 N. First Ave., Knightdale, Drive-thru, Thursdays (beginning 3/19/20), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Martin Street Baptist Church, 1001 E. Martin St., Raleigh, Second Saturdays (beginning 4/11/20), 10 to 11 a.m.
- Praise Temple Mobile Market, 1329, U.S. Hwy 70, Fourth Saturdays (beginning 3/28/20), 10 to 11 a.m.
- Wake Forest Baptist Church, 107 S. Ave., Wake Forest, Third Tuesdays (beginning 3/17/20), 4:30 to 6:15 p.m.
How You Can Help
We are grateful for the outreach from many of our parents and community members asking how they can help. We ask that you take any food donations to the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle or Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC.
If you would like to volunteer to support our work with food access and food security, please complete this form and we will contact you soon.